Sunday, October 23, 2011

Syria - Salahuddin Ayyubi


Damascus, the capital of Republic of Syria.

It was a frosty morning. 
I started my journey that day. 
It was a perfect day. 
The sun had splashed pink clouds 
across the horizon and rivers of 
silver light ran through the streets.

It was among the days 
I spent in Syria. 
Yes, I haven't told you a thing 
about spending time in Syria yet, 
you must be very confused.

No. You don't have to.





There were couples of reasons I came here, which I won't be able to list them down according to priority. Whether  because the scholars like Abu darda' (ra) and Imam Nawawi, or the reasons lied on Umar ibn Abd Aziz or my motive was Sultan Salahuddin al-Ayyubi, I couldn't arrange them. Also they could be caused by places I've longed to step on...Souq of Sham (where the Prophet Muhammad used to do trading), the up high Maqam Arba'in, Bimasristan (museum of science and medicine), Hama (famous for norias and the great massacre), places like Halab-Homs-Ba'labak-Palmyra (where I  continuously read in the book of history) or maybe Dimashq itself. I couldn't give you an ultimate answer.



But you see, the fact that 
Sultan Salahuddin al-Ayyubi 
inspired me to come, a fact that 
never can be debated. Yes, I adore him. 
All muslims on earth should have 
good knowledge about him. 
The Worshipper, the Warrior, 
the Conqueror, the Legend - celebrated 
by the muslims as the liberator 
of al-Quds and equally revered 
by the west for his 
compassion and bravery. 



True! Even the crusaders recognized him as a SOMEONE. The proof was, his stately tomb in Dimashq has been visited constantly not only by muslims throughout the world, but also by the non-muslims...who knew and INTERESTED in his majestic history.

I don't know. But now I'm keen into knowing this great hero. 


Obviously, a story of a Sultan was NEVER like a story of an ordinary man.

Well, I'm not writing back the glorious history of Islam under the ruling of Sultan Salahuddin. If I do so, it would be either you'd be too interested to know or you'd be too interested to leave this page!

I'm sorry, if I hurt your feeling. 

But hey, if you are still excited in knowing about Sultan Salahuddin, I hereby congrates you! This is my present for you. Otherwise if you wish to leave, I respect your decision.

Oh, by the way, he was not an Arab, but a Kurdish man. Yes, I'm not retelling you  his history but I'd like us to have a quick glimpse of the period when Islam had to face the Crusaders....that was NOT so different from what Islam is going through today.

Believe it or not, there are still MUSLIMS out there never been interested knowing about OUR heroes. Nevertheless, during Gaza attacks by Zionist they went out and made demonstrations. During Mavi Marmara convoys were attacked and stranded from entering Gaza, the world protested, attacked the embassies and burnt down their flags. 




Now don't get me wrong. 
I'm not saying that they did bad things.
 I'm not saying they weren't nice. 
Because the only people that are
 REALLY bad and cruel was and always 
the one labeled Israel. 
But for my dear brothers and sisters, 
the love you have for Islam is not 
expressed by JUST going for 
demos and burnt down flags, 
you know that! 
Because most of them who were 
hyped up those ways, 
they don't even wake up for Solat Fajr!


Am I completely wrong? Let me know.

I heard a lecture by brother Murtaza Khan. He was asked by lots of people around whenever he gave his lectures here and there. "Where is today's Salahuddin?" His answer was simple, but for the ones whom Allah bestowed with al-aql, it was a point to ponder. He said, "If Salahuddin exists among us today, I'm sure no one will follow him."

Why?! We have to figure that out. First, we really need to wake up. I say, WE- you and me. Get up and rise up, not from our sleep, because I don't think muslims are in 'sleep' anymore...muslims are in COMA!



Do you know who I am?
I am the representatives 
of my Prophet and Lord.
Salahuddin al-Ayyubi



25:52
So do not obey the disbelievers, and strive against them with the Qur'an a great striving.                                                                                                             (Qur'an al-Furqan, 25:52)



2 comments:

hasan said...

again.. an awesome post..
the way you start and end.. I really appreciate!

Gazaki Allaho kullu khayr wa yansurna wa yansurkom!

and did you consider my suggestion?? i think you're already on it? hopefully it'll be summarized with about occasion of 3eid Al Ad7a..

i read this complete post.. and i'm totally with you and support you!
sorry to say that .. i can't download the present, you gifted me.. actually i use net on mobile only.. and on mobile i've no free space of 37.1 MB and it's difficult to download this much big file from mobile.. anyway i'll must have it when i'll use net on computer somewhere..

again bundle of thanks for the inspiring post..
Keep it up.. may Allah be with you all the way!

Unknown said...

to abu al-hasanat,

thanks for your compliment
and also your suggestion.

actually i have lots to pour on this blog, but yeah..i've been using my spare time analyzing anime! (of course, that is one sign of 'coma' i'm talking above!)