Monday, January 17, 2011

Distraction

What is 'lucky'?

Months ago during my attachment at a KK in my place, I introduced myself as a medical student in Egypt. And the staffs said, "Yana, you are very lucky!" Despite the lucky me, in there was the first time in my life dealing with real blood drawing and unsurprisingly I failed a few times. Yet, I was still lucky.

Years ago, even when I told my most bossom friend in world (credit to Nasratul Naim), that my life turned upside down and my parents were hating each other, yet she uttered dearly, "Don't you realize how lucky you are?"

After all I've been through in my life, all the setbacks, frustrations, disappointments, problems and breakdowns...yet I have to consider myself as 'lucky'?

What?

Why??

Are you blind? Are you deaf?

*sigh*

Definitely you are not dumb. Because you keep telling me...keep reminding me that I am the most luckiest person in world. Lots of thanks for that!



Am I still lucky?

The summary of the previous very particular week:

Distraction: The internet company made my work slower. And I had to find other sources away than my very dear Zubair al-Awwam.
Bafflement: I received lots of encouragement to change the arrangement I've made here and there for the Family Day. (I'd rather change the 'encouragement' to 'complaints'.)

Tangles: I kept rescheduling my daily schedule. Apparently, most of the events seemed to be clashed. And I went back home, just to sleep.

Perplexity: I went teaching my weekly Arabic Class, but ended up forgetting simple words when my students asked me. (err..'students' don't fit, I guessed.)

In other words, everything was normal.

And luck has nothing to do with it.



C'mon VO!


You know you aren't that weak. Deep in your heart, you know that they are all true. That they say the right thing. That nothing is more priceless than being you, being yourself.

By being the real you. You are being lucky.

The real VO is a real muslim in a real life. Forget the reverie. Don't live with it.

Islam is a religion full of benefits. How can benefits bring unlucky things?

But...Why does Allah burdens the believers who do many acts of worship with sickness and other trials, while the sinners are enjoying all the good things in life?

Look, I know, this may sound nasty to people like you. But I believe there are people out there who are still searching for an answer, like me! Yes, you may say that I am a character afraid of deterioration. A figure afraid of diversion. An individual afraid of wind of change. (Well, that sounds familiar.)

So what if I want to find the answer? Analogically, our eeman is the same as our immunity. We need booster doses when we get infected. And where do we get that remedy? From the beautiful verses of Allah. Because in al-Qur'an, there will always be an answer. Always!



Be patient, your time will come.

But if you endure patiently, verily, it is better for As‑Saabiroon (the patient).
(Qur'an 16, al-Nahl:126)



Subhanallah! Allah highly praises those who are patient and says that He is with them and that He will give them reward without measure. Patience is a high status which can only be attained by those who are tested with things that they bear patiently. If he bears them patiently, he attains this high status which brings great reward. Why didn't I find this verse earlier? 

So, when Allah tests the believers with things that hurt them, that is so that they may attain the status of those who are patient. 

Hence the Messenger (PBUH), who was the greatest of all people in faith, piety and fear of Allah, suffered twice the pain of an ordinary man when he fell sick, and he (PBUH) suffered greatly at the time of death, so that he might fully attain the status of one who is patient, for he (PBUH) was the most patient of those who are patient. Hence the wisdom behind Allah’s testing of the believer with such calamities becomes clear.

With regard to His giving the sinners, evildoers, immoral people and kafirs good health and plentiful provision, this is in order to let them get carried away (with their sin, and then punish them severely later on). It was narrated that the Prophet (PBUH) said: 


This world is a prison for the believer and a paradise for the kafir. They are given these good things so that they have their good things sooner, in this world, and on the Day of Resurrection they will get what they deserve of punishment.


On the Day when those who disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allah Islamic Monotheism) will be exposed to the Fire (it will be said): “You received your good things in the life of the world, and you took your pleasure therein. Now this Day you shall be recompensed with a torment of humiliation, because you were arrogant in the land without a right, and because you used to rebel against Allah’s Command (disobey Allah).
(Qura'an 46, al-Ahqaaf:20)




If Allah brings you to it
He will bring you through it
In happy moments, praise Allah
In difficult moments, seek Allah
In quiet moment, worship Allah
In painful moments, trust Allah
In every moment, thank Allah!



Get back on feet. Get back on track.

No comments: