Monday, December 13, 2010

Expression

 
Truth as clear and blue 
as the sky we walk under.
Love as bright and loud 
as the lightening and thunder.
Peace as pure and white 
as the moon, so full of wonder.
So many different colours of Islam!


I miss my paintings

True. I haven't been painting lately. And that made me feel like losing my wings. 

Painting as a hobby can be a very satisfying and relaxing form of recreation. The hobby of oil painting or watercolor painting can help my balance, especially if I am in a high-stress position. 



Through painting, I began to look into the wonders of His creations. I was able to know that nothing is best compared to what Allah has created. I agreed and always will agree that Al-Khaliq is the most excellent creator.


Do they not look at the camels, how they are created?
And at the sky, how it is raised?
And at the mountains, how they are rooted and fixed firm?
And at the earth, how it is spread out?
(Qur'an 88, al-ghashiyah: 17-20)


I learned to paint when I was 20. (Yes, people will be more impressed if I said that I started painting at the age of 2.) That was during my summer vacation, 3 years ago. I took an Art Class in the Kg. Kraftangan, Kota Bharu. 

It was a single-storey wooden village house. Stairs on its front led to its main door. The hall was enough for desks and chairs of thirty students, most of them were children from 5 to 12 years old. Also there was a group of teenagers, probably 15 to 17 years old. And I'm the only 20.

On the walls, there were oil paintings hanged together with their prices. Those paintings were beautiful. The shape...lighting aspect...the color selection...they seemed perfect!

The art teacher was an old man...aged about 58 to 65 (I guessed.) He was firm but warm-hearted. I bet all his student love him so much. I remembered a time when I first step into this Art Class.

"Why would a doctor learn art? Unless you really love art."

All right. There are three main types of painting popular among painting enthusiasts. These are: oil, watercolor and acrylic. Let me explain briefly the differences these things.

First, the oil painting. It is a way to paint with pigments that are held together using an oil medium. Oil paints are slow drying and easily mixed. Typically, an artist will draw his subject on a clean canvas and begin to layer oil paints on the image. It is easy to create different shades of paints this way. Oil painting creates dynamic pictures with depth. It is one of the most popular ways to paint. 

OK, you're right! I haven't try oil painting just yet.

As for the watercolor painting, it is painting with a thin, water based paint. These paints are very quick drying and can be difficult to blend. Painting with watercolors is considered especially difficult. Watercolor paintings are generally very simple and clean looking. Precisely, it needs a few techniques.

The final type of painting available is acrylic, which is a fast-drying paint made of pigments held together with an acrylic polymer. Acrylic painting is a happy medium between oil and watercolor painting. By diluting the acrylic paint with water or other mediums, an acrylic painting can take on characteristics of either an oil painting or watercolor or have its own unique look.

 

People always say, 

"I can't draw a straight line." 

So what? 

Painting is not about drawing a straight line. 

It's not even drawing or painting anything accurately. 




Its more about how you're feeling. Its more about what you might express if you had a brush in your hand. Just pick one up, dip it into a color that appeals to you and dap it on, swirl it around, jab it and swish it. Just paint and don't worry if its art or not. Art will come later.


Fill the world with colour, 
paint it everywhere you go.
Paint everything you see, 
and tell everyone you know.
Qur’an will be your paint, 
and your brush will be iman,
So fill the world with colour, 
every colour of Islam.
Dawud Wharnsby



Current status: 6th day in bed...very very bad fever.
Thanks to my housemates, taking over my cooking turns.
 

2 comments:

adeqs comeyll said...

sangat suke lukisan kak sya...hehe
nnt kasi saya satu ek~ XD

Unknown said...

to adeqs comeyll

buah cempedak di luar pagar
ambil galah tolong jolokkan
saya budak baru belajar
kalau ada nanti saya berikan.

insyaAllah. alfu syukran ye fashy!