Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Say it isn't so

"Mama, I don't like ikan keli (cat fish) and I would never eat it," my youngest sister, Baby told her mother one morning.


"Yes, I know. Our family don't eat ikan keli. Anyway, kelisa is a nice fish," Mama said, smiling.


"Is kelisa a fish?" I asked innocently.


"What?! Oh...Along! You went flying here and there, yet you don't know that kelisa is a type of fish?"

"Well, I only knew that Kelisa was produced after Kancil and Rusa. So, I thought that they might had came from the same group. You know, surely it won't be suitable to name a car as Pelanduk."

We busted into laughter.

*       *       *

We love to laugh. But, sometimes we have to cry. This world is not a world of fairy-tale, which ends with happy ending ever after! In truth, the world we live in today, is a reality world. Sometimes we heard happy endings, others we experienced bad things. After all, every cloud has its silver lining!

It's a world of laughter, also a world of tears.
Verily it's a world of hopes, despite of a world of fears.

Sometimes, no, most of the times, when I received unpleasant news from family and peers... I just couldn't stop crying.

"Cry, VO cry. Let it out."

There was a time I was sitting in a corner in Masjid Nabawi, wiping over my tears. That, admittedly was one of the most emotional moment in my life. Not only because that I safely reached the land I missed the most, but because I felt so bad that the person I love so much in my life was not there with me, not being able to share my happiness when I step on the noble earth.

At times, I cried out of happiness...and there were times, I cried out of sorrow. Unexplainable. Whatever the reasons are, it is a fact which no one can debate that crying washes out the maladies of the heart. Crying out of fear from Allah softens the heart and cleans it from its filth. Imam Ibn al-Qayyim, may Allah have mercy upon him, stated that crying has ten types that happen due to:





·        Fear.
·        Heart softness and mercy.
·        Love and longing.
·        Joy and happiness.
·        Fear of pain which one can not bear.
·        Sadness.
·        Weakness and being feeble.
·        Hypocrisy.
·        Being hired to do.
·        Imitating others.



Dear Violet Orchid,

It's OK to cry. Natural it is for mankind to feel sorrow over times of hardship. That means your heart is still vivid, not yet dead. Crying doesn't necessarily denotes that one has not got the strength of patience and fortitude.

Also Ibn al-Qayyim, a respected scholar in Islam, beautifully described how Prophet Muhammad cried over a sad situation;

"As for the weeping of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) it was in the same degree as his laughter. He wouldn't sob loudly and raise his voice, just like his laughter wasn't loud. However his eyes would fill up with tears, until they flowed out, and you would hear the sound like that of a whistling kettle coming from his chest. He would weep out of mercy for the dead, out of fear and compassion for his ummah, out of deep fear of Allah (سبحانه وتعالى), upon listening to the Qur'an. And it was a weeping of longing, love and exaltation, accompanied by fear and khashyah".


Cry and let your fear out. For you were not born to hold the load of the universe. Let the ground carry it. Share your hope. For those lending you their ears are those with sincerity. May their sincere prayers be with you.

Verily VO, your heart is similar to a stone, crying make it soft and tender. Cry of happiness or sadness both soften the heart. Laughter on the other hand, makes it harder!

There is just one moon,
And one golden sun.
And a smile means,
Friendship to every one.
Though the mountains divide,
And the oceans are wide,
It's a small world after all. 




4 comments:

Pencarian Hikmah~ said...

sya
ada apa apa yang boleh aku tolong ke?

Unknown said...

sure aisyah:)

kongsikan dgnku firman terindah
drpdNya yg ada dalam simpananmu!

Pencarian Hikmah~ said...

sya
ada sesuatu untuk kamu,di rumah aku

silakan bertandang~!

Unknown said...

jazakillah, aisyah

mungkin tidak salah
andai aku abadikan
pautan entry itu di sini
untuk peringatan buatku
yang sering lupa.

http://aisyahsafien.blogspot.com/2010/09/benar.html