Saturday, April 3, 2010

Thanks Pn. Afida and Pn. Alia

I had my Anatomy group tutorial for the Second Year students, which I've just finish it this morning, right after I came back from the 2 hours journey from Cairo. By the end of next week, there are so many things for me to finish. I need to pass up my Ophthalmology Quiz, finish the Toxicology Assignment, submit my Nuwair article to the Head Editor, prepare for Public Health end round exam, in-charge for Towards Tamayyuz Workshop and to reply e-mails from my friends which had been days in my inbox...! And, I still have another 2 books to read, 'Why Mars and Venus Collide' and 'Nota Hati Seorang Lelaki'. In addition, my brother will has his examinations on this April.

La hawla quwwata illa billah.

Alhamdulillah,despite my compact schedul, yesterday I managed to find some time and go to Cairo, specifically Sayieda Zainab. It was quite sunny in Cairo.

At first, I hesitated to visit my friends in Cairo because I've been as busy as a bee lately. And we both know, Tanta-Cairo is 2 hours journey. It was usually tiring. I went to Sayieda Zainab to visit my friends, specifically...my married friends. Thanks to Puan Afida and Puan Alia. Oh, I'm sorry both of you, I can't remember your husbands' names! You know what...my friends were married! Well, it is nothing unusual but it makes me feel awkward. I visited them and they seemed happy to receive me as their far away guest. Yes, very far!



‘May Allah bless for you (your spouse) and bless you, and may He unite both of you in goodness.’



First I visited my friend, Afida. Oops, Puan Afida! She had just married last February, during the winter break. She was speaking about the wedding with a smile glued on her face and was showing us some photos of the wedding ceremony. I am happy for her too! May blessings of Allah shine down to both of you.

That night, I visited my friend since in school, Puan Alia Nasiha. Her marriage is about to reach 2 years and this was my first visit since she ended her single life. Nay! Nay! Nay! I know I've been a bad friend, just don't give me that look, ok?



Alia and I talked about so many things as if we did not meet for a long time. Indeed, we did not meet for a long time. We talked about her travels because she seemed to be interested in traveling around the world, recently. She told me about some places she had visited. Among them were United Kingdom, Germany, Paris, Turkey and her 'to-go' places. May Allah shine down his blessings to both of you too!

I'm posting this as simple and as quick as possible. But before I run into my 'busy bee' world, let me remind you of a beautiful hadith that  the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said:


"When a man marries, he has fulfilled half of his religion, so let him fear Allah regarding the remaining half."
( Narrated by Baihaqi)


 Then, I'll leave you with 'Barakallahu lakuma'- by Maher Zain.


We're here on this special day
Our hearts are full of pleasure
A day that brings the two of you
Close together
We're gathered here to celebrate
A moment you'll always treasure
We ask Allah to make your love
Last forever

Let's raise our hands and make Do'a
Like the Prophet taught us
And with one voice
Let's all say, say, say

بارك الله لكما وبارك عليكما
وجمع بينكما في خير
بارك الله لكما وبارك عليكما
وجمع بينكما في خير
 

From now you'll share all your chores
Through heart-ship to support each other
Together worshipping Allah
Seeking His pleasure

We pray that He will fill your life
With happiness and blessings
And grants your kids who make your home
Filled with laughter

Let's raise our hands and make Do'a
Like the Prophet taught us
And with one voice
Let's all say, say, say

بارك الله لكما وبارك عليكما
وجمع بينكما في خير

بارك الله
بارك الله لكم ولنا

الله بارك لهما
الله أدم حبهما
الله صلّي وسلّم على رسول الله

الله تب علينا
الله ارض عنا
الله اهد خطانا
على سنة نبينا
Let's raise our hands and make Do'a
Like the Prophet taught us
And with one voice
Let's all say, say, say

بارك الله لكما وبارك عليكما
وجمع بينكما في خير

 

No comments: