Sunday, September 27, 2009

The journey

Al-Azhar Mosque, Cairo.


Flying from the ‘City of 1000 Minarets’ took about 12 hours to reach the ‘City of Lights’. I looked at the clouds outside. Clean and white. The sky was blue. It felt like a dream. I never dream that I would be back to Malaysia this year. Subhanallah. Allah The Creator:
He Who created the seven heavens in layers. You will not
find any discrepancy in the creation of the All-Merciful. Look again-do you see
any gaps? Then look again and again. Your sight will return to you dazzled and
exhausted!
(Qur'an, 67:3-4)



He is Al-Khaaliq. He creates the sun, the moon and the lovely sky. Also the land , the hills and the mountain high. Imagine a huge planet with its surface completely empty. There are no humans or animals, no plants or insects. He has made us and everything- the beasts, the fowls and birds that sing.



 

We did not create the heavens and Earth and everything
between them, except with truth. The Hour is certainly coming, so turn away
graciously.
(Qur'an, 15:85)


Everything in the heavens and everything on the
Earth and everything in between them and everything under the ground belongs to Him.
(Qur'an, 20:6)

We did not create heaven and Earth and everything in
between them as a game.
(Qur'an, 21:16)

Long I paused.

I thought of my family. I’ve been longing for them lately. Every time I miss them, I would remember their smiles, their laughter, their sweet faces, their warm hugs.. even their stupid jokes! They are my world. They make me who I am. They are the flowers in my garden, the mirror of myself, the shelter in the rain, the honey of my life.

During my flight, crossing over the white clouds .




It was 15th September 2009, I boarded an Egypt Air aircraft to my hometown. It was melancholy. The faces, the hues, the air. I felt hesitated. “Am I really doing this?” questioning myself. Yes! There’s only one aim for me to go home. To stay right close to. To give my love, my respect and my honour to a very special person in world, my mother.

A man came to the Prophet (saw) and said: "I swear allegience to you formigration and jihad seeking reward from Allah Most High." The Prophet (saw)said: "Are either of your parents alive?" The man said: "Yes, in fact both ofthem." The Prophet (saw) said: "And you seek reward from Allah Most High?" The man said: "Yes." The Prophet (saw) said: "Then return to your parents and give the two of them your best companionship." Muslim & Bukhari.

No comments: