Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hakuna matata

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe
She had so many children
She didn't know what to do
But they all were so handsome
And clever I'm told
That she wouldn't trade one
For diamond or gold!

I love this rhyme. I'll rhyme this whenever I need to clear my head.

It has been a long time since I first asked to memorize this rhyme.It was 10 years ago, when I was in Standard 6. We were participating in the Choral Speaking Competition, that year. We won the State Level, and went for National Level, presenting Kelantan. Yes...that was among my sweetest memory during my childhood life. Neh, chotto matte! Let's first complete the rhyme together!


They each had monkey
Or a bird or a cat
A goat or a bunny
Or something like that
They each knew a story
A song or a rhyme
A joke or a riddle
For passing the time!

Fun isn't it?
Oh...you can repeat that every time you want! My treat!

There is another relieving way actually I like to do (rather than crying my heart out) when I'm drop dead frustrated. I'll search for a new tongue twister and learn my hardest to make it!

Now, you try this...
A noisy noise annoys an oyster.

Yappari! Too easy...No fun!
Would you like to try this?
A skunk sat on a stump and thunk the stump stunk
But the stump thunk the stump stunk!

Good job,
Well, challenge yourself with this one!
A Tudor who tooted a flute
Tried to tutor two tutors to toot
Said the two to their tooter
"Is it harder to toot
Or to tutor two tutors to toot?"

Err...hello there! Is everything (particularly your tongue) all right??

These 'immature stuffs' are my sources of entertainment. I treasure them a lot as they merely sweep away my worries. I mean....they offer a great workout most of the times.

MySpaceI'm not sure about...that...err..you know..the 'stress center' thing. But to put it in simple way, they would change the course of my focal concentration from centering on 'problematic tasks' to concentrating on 'memorize and movement tasks'. (bla..bla..bla..OK! This is more depressing.) In other word, it' my Amusement Park!

But...you know, they all are temporary. There's something else better above all this. Something permanent that will not just touch your senses, but penetrate deep into your heart and live within your soul. Boy, how could I explain this? 

In earnest, it's something wonderful much much much more than Aladdin's Magic Carpet ride. And believe me, that 'something' is the best thing I've ever realized!


But those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and believe in that which is sent down to Muhammad (SAW), for it is the truth from their Lord, He will expiate from them their sins, and will make good their state. That is because those who disbelieve follow falsehood, while those who believe follow the truth from their Lord. Thus does Allah set forth their parables for mankind.
(Qur'an, Muhammad 47:2-3)


Ha, I've found another amazing fact that I really want to share with you! As a matter of fact, depression can cause ulcers! No, I ain't lying...its true yo!
     
You will not be afflicted by an ulcer 
by the virtue of what you can eat, 
but instead by the virtue of what eats you. 
The Problem of Nervousness 
Dr. Joseph Mantagno

Oh, you got to believe this too!

Unhappy feelings like anxiety and fear 
possibly affect the distribution of calcium in the body, 
and in consequence, can lead to tooth decay. 
Federation of American Dentists 
Dr. William Mark Gaungil

Allah al-Waliyy...The Protecting Friend...The Supporter... If His slave is sorrowful, He will hastily persuade him ...because He does not want things to turn nasty for His beloved slave.

MySpaceSeriously, I do not know how to put such magical remedy in words. It's just that...Allah alone is always sufficient for us!

Let us put our trusts in the Ever Living One who dies not!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Do you know the other verses to the Old Woman rhyme? I used to read it from a book to my children and it had quite a few more verses. We lost the book when we moved. I would dearly love to find the rest of the verses to recite to my Grandchildren. Thank you for the two though.

Unknown said...

you are welcome, Lisa!

i'm sorry to hear that. indeed the Old Woman rhyme is quite long. but i only memorized those early parts, i'm sorry Lisa.

anyway, i'm glad that i help u!